Monday, April 14, 2008

Humming Along...

On our morning walk this Monday, George and I were accompanied by a hummingbird, who seemed inordinately interested in us. He came upon us first by accident, zipping across our path. But then he stopped in mid-flight, hovering for a moment and pivoting on an axis to turn and look back at us. Apparently we seemed of interest, because he dropped in closer, a few feet from the ground, and came back to take a closer look, hovering again at eye level, holding steady, curious--so I thought--about who we were and what we might be doing in his territory. And out and back a few times more before deciding there were better things to do that stare at the human and the canine species.

I have another few busy days ahead of me. This afternoon, on our return to Los Angeles, I have another two interviews with artists, then two more tomorrow, in connection with my next "Art of Outrage" piece. Then there's the work of stitching all the various sound pieces together into a hopefully coherent podcast. This episode is based on "Phantom Sightings," the current "post-Chicano" show at the Los Angeles County Museum. It's always fascinating, exploring new territories in the art world, and it's a long time since I caught up with what's happening in this particular area; but at the same time, demanding on the time and energy I have at my disposal. "The Buddha Diaries" has had short shrift these past few days, and will likely go neglected for the next few, too. I'm missing my wanderings in cyberspace...

No comments: