Friday, May 8, 2009

Oh, I Do Like...

... to be beside the seaside...

Anyone remember that old English music hall song? Please link and sing along! (You have to love those illustrations!) Here's the words:


Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea!

I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!

Where the brass bands play:

"Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"
So just let me be beside the seaside
I'll be beside myself with glee


This silly ditty came back to me today as Ellie and I took a morning walk along the beach, in cloudy weather, as the marine layer drifted in from offshore.

And there's lots of girls beside,
I should like to be beside
Beside the seaside!

Beside the sea!


Here are the cell phone pictures...


You probably can't see them, but there are dolphins in this one--somewhere, I think. (Try enlarging and, if necessary, stretching the imagination...)


... and (visible, at least!) pelicans in this one...


Cell phones are fun to have along, but no substitute for a real camera! Anyway, it was kind of an English kind of a day, with those grey skies. I felt right at home. And tried to remember the words to that song. Tiddely-om-pom-pom.... As usual, when I got home, Google came to the rescue.

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Taradharma said...

i saw a fin! in my mind!

i have had fun with cell phone photography - the quality of course is much different from a camera, but you can play on those differences and add a little photo shop magic for some pretty interesting results.

have a lovely weekend yourselves!

Peter Clothier said...

Good to hear from you, Tara! Thanks for checking in. I think the movie you referred to in your last comment was called "The Visitor." We saw it and liked it very much. But yes, it was a heart-breaker. The best of all good things to you. By the way, did MandT come to visit? Cheers, Peter (I tried sending this to what I thought was your email address, but it was returned. Hope you read this comment on your comment!)