Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today...



... Ellie's birthday! The actual day!


Here's our Palm Springs B&B...


... and the view from our room...


... with bird on dome. And Agatha...


... eighteen years old!

We're back in Laguna Beach this morning, and headed up for a long-ish stint in Los Angeles later this today.

Yesterday, a glorious walk up a canyon whose name I forget. Here's the trail, looking forward...



... and looking back, with clouds...



... here's the rocks, towering above us, to the left...



Here's the waterfall, at the top of the trail...


... very lovely, indeed; and the stream on the way back down...



And then, of course, there was the drive back home, on the freeway! Ah, well...

Happy Birthday, Ellie!

2 comments:

mandt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Taradharma said...

Happy Birthday to Ellie! It just so happens to be my daughter's birthday as well (22).

Your photos are beautiful!

Also, I'm reading "Persist" and enjoying it quite a bit. I know I'll want to re-read many essays again.

I love the idea of having a gathering for artists to share their work/process. Makes me think of starting one myself....