Tuesday, March 2, 2010

100,000: Detective Work

Well, we passed the 100,000 visitor mark on The Buddha Diaries yesterday evening at 6:55 PM Pacific time. Our 100,000th visitor, I discovered from my Sitemeter, was in Roanoke, Virginia. He (I suspect "he" for reasons that you'll understand) was online in Roanoke at 9:55, his time. He had followed the link to The Buddha Diaries from an article I wrote for the ManKind Project's Journal, published in December, 2009. The article was called Persist: The Ongoing Journey, a topic clearly connected with the publication of my book. The ManKind Project is the international organization of men with which I have been associated for nearly 18 years, since June of 1992; and indeed, last night, at the moment of this 100,000th visit, I was on my way to a meeting of our small local group.

I would like now, as promised, to send this reader a copy of "Persist," but in order to do so I need to have him identify himself and let me have a street address to which I can mail it. If he happens to be returning to The Buddha Diaries today, and happens to read this entry, he will surely recognize himself and let me know. (My email address is PeterAtLarge@mac.com.) If there's any other reader who knows who this might be, I'd be grateful for a lead. And I'll also plan to contact the Roanoke center of the MKP, or the center closest by, to see if there might be some lead to follow there.

I'm hoping that there will be more to follow! Meantime, my best, genuine thanks for all those other readers of The Buddha Diaries who don't happen to have been reader number 100,000. I wish I could send books to every one of you.

2 comments:

Taradharma said...

oh, but Peter, the book is priced well! Well worth it - I have been enjoying it and finding inspiration throughout. A "must" for any creative person.

Peter Clothier said...

Thank you, Tara!