Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...

One of the many reasons to be grateful in my life is having you as readers, and this seems like a good moment to say thank you. You are scattered throughout the world. Some of you, I know, check in to The Buddha Diaries regularly; others once in a while. A few choose to comment, and many not. Know that you are all appreciated. Not many years ago, it would have been impossible for a writer to imagine such a possibility to reach out and touch so many people, unless with one of those bestsellers most of us can never expect to write. It feels like a great privilege to be able to connect in this way, as well as a great pleasure. On this Thanksgiving Day, I'm fortunate to have this medium that allows me to send out metta to all. May all of us find many reasons to be grateful for the blessings in our lives. And for those suffering at this time from misfortune of any kind, let's join in sending out heartfelt compassion.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Peter! I always feel particularly thankful for my blogger friends in the US on this day - you ARE my America, and a very lovely one.

My blogpost for tomorrow will be a very long-in-coming comment on last summer's Alice Neel show in London, and will link to you, since I'd never heard of her until you wrote about the film biography last year.

mandt said...

For the blessing! Sometimes in the smallest things, from moment to moment. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Peter.

Taradharma said...

a lovely message, Peter. I was driving 3 hours to my holiday destination today, sending out metta to all the drivers and passengers around me, wishing them a safe journey so they could be with the people they love. And then a lady talking on her cell phone almost took me out! Sigh.....

Happy Thanksgiving!