Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

It's our wedding anniversary. The 39th. We celebrated with a family visit, and a glass of champagne at 11:11 AM, thanks to Ed!


This was in fact the precise moment at which we drank our original toast, 39 years ago. George joined in the party, of course.


What would it be without him? But, as Ed pointed out to him, he is now only number two on the special boy list. Number one is, without question...


... Luka! The best gift ever. Sorry, George. Grandma was clearly enjoying her anniversary...


And why not? Here's the lad...



And of course he's an early protester....


Runs in the family. We tore ourselves away and headed down to Laguna for the weekend. I took George up to the Top of the World for his run. Here's the view:


We count ourselves fortunate indeed, to be so blessed. Happy anniversary to us!



5 comments:

eva said...

hozlednHappy, happy Anniversary dear Ellie and Peter!
I wanted to wait till 11:11 pm. to send my wishes, but by that time we'll be watching a movie.
and thanks for all the lovely photos of you two and with baby Luca and ofcourse with old George.
It was not very nice of me, but i was smiling reading the description of your hapless day. I experience similar situations quite often blaming myself for my stupidity.
Other note: I did not read Sarah's key so I cant tell about liking or disliking the novel, but I have seen the movie made of it and found it sensitively done.
We both like very much Kristin Scott Thomas who played Julia
and the story brought back painfull memories of my childhood in Budapest, the fear, hidings, running aways and hunger. I was 7-8 years old, about the age of the little girl, so maybe that brought me closer to the situation.

Richard said...

I know it's a little late, but may I wish a very happy anniversary to both of you!

Peter Clothier said...

Thanks to both. Eva, thanks for the thoughts about Sarah's Key. We have not yet seen the movie. And yes, of course I remember your story. Have you read The Invisible Bridge?

mary said...

...the photos of you & Ellie are great - you don't look old enough to have been married for 39 years; Luka really is adorable & I LOVE your photo from Alta Laguna Park!!!

CHI SPHERE said...

39 is another lucky number for both of you and lucky Luka sure does place an exclamation mark at the end and beginning of each day!