Tuesday, January 15, 2013

RE-RELEASE!

By now you must know that the release of Slow Looking was plagued with entirely unanticipated technical glitches.  The link that I provided, not only on The Buddha Diaries but also to friends and associates near and far, proved stubbornly inaccessible.  If you clicked on it, you waited... and waited... and waited some more, until you were justifiably tired of waiting.  If you were lucky and more patient than the average person, you may have succeeded in getting through after a long delay.  I heard from some of you.  I suspect that many TBD readers could have tried it out and given up in frustration.  Others may have been kind enough to forward the link, at my request, to their own mailing lists...  In vain.

I can only imagine how far this might have gone through the intricate and unpredictable byways of the Internet.  Needless to say, I did not begin to achieve my objective in spreading the word about the publication--and possibly selling a few copies.  So today I need to impose once more on TBD readers and ask them, again, to return the favor of many entirely cost-free entries by forwarding the link and recommending Slow Looking to friends.  I have been testing it out in the past couple of days and, at least on my various computers, tablets, telephones etc. I have found this link to be functioning as it is supposed to.  It is my understanding that certain browsers do not agree with my Wordpress site as well as others, so if you would like to take the time to scroll through my website, Firefox has a tendency to work a little better.  If--and I urge you to try that one first--if it fails to bring satisfaction, please try this one instead.  It has proved consistently reliable.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems.  In the meantime, my apologies for those you might have experienced to date, and my gratitude for your renewed efforts.  They are much appreciated.




No comments: