Thursday, February 27, 2014

RAIN!

What a blessing!  I woke in the middle of the night last night and heard that welcome sound of rainfall on the roof of our little cottage in Laguna Beach.  It's a long time since we heard it.  I remembered that I had neglected to bring the cushions in from the chairs out on the balcony, and got up just in time to rescue them before a greater downpour.

This morning George woke early as usual, and gave me his usual nudge to remind me it was time for his morning walk.  It was raining only slightly when we left the cottage--but enough that he needed a good toweling off when we returned.

We have been feeling so parched for so long, even what appears to have been a light overnight rainfall is a blessing.  And we are, I believe, promised more from this storm by the forecasters.

It feels like a long, cool drink on a hot day.  Poor California is much in need, so... Bring it on!  Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

No comments: