Saturday, May 24, 2014

IT'S SATURDAY...

... and we're on our way to Havana first thing tomorrow morning.  I suspect you'll be hearing little from me in the coming week, because Internet access is likely to be less ubiquitous than here in California--and expensive.  Besides, to judge by the itinerary we received, we are going to be busy with our tour.  Still, I will be taking pictures and notes along the way, and will plan to do a complete travel blog on our return.

First stop, tomorrow night, Miami.  Then on to that mysterious island Monday morning.  It does seem to have a strange appeal.  Mention to anyone that you're going to Cuba, and the reaction is reliably the same: a gleam of envy in the eye and a few words to suggest a wish to be going along with you.  I'll let you know, as best I can, just how it is...

Until a week and a couple of days from now, then, I'll be signing off--with metta, as always, to all!

No comments: