Friday, June 6, 2014

WORKING, WORKING...

It's quite a complex business, putting together a travel blog.  I'm no expert at the intricacies, but I manage.  It just takes time.  I have been working these past couple of days to, first, get the narrative text written, based part on the notes I scribbled down as we went along; part on the detailed itinerary provided by the tour; and part on memory.  Next step is to get the pictures posted.  I wish I had a bit more skill in finding the right picture for the right place in the text and then placing it in some kind of eye-pleasing design.

Today I have an "Art of Looking" session at the Torrance Art Museum, so I won't be able to get much further with the blog.  But I should have some time tomorrow, Saturday, when Ellie has a commitment to a long session of artist meetings and critiques--15 artists in three hours!  I don't envy her.  It takes me fifteen minutes just to get a preliminary sense of what an artist is about.  And "critique" is always problematic.  You want to be realistic, honest, maybe a bit tough, or at least probing, and at the same time encouraging...

More, then, as time allows.  In the meantime, as always, metta to all!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing about the trip! I am very curious to hear about Cuba today.