Tuesday, October 3, 2017

LAS VEGAS

A Buddhist Incantation

Mourning the loss of 59 innocent lives, and the wounding of over 500 more, I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to the families and loved ones of all those who died.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to the family and loved ones of the perpetrator, who died.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to all those who were wounded in the attack. May they be spared pain and suffering, and may they rapidly be healed.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to the families and loved ones of all those wounded by the gunman’s bullets.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to all those who came to their aid, the police and the paramedics and other law enforcement and medical officials.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to those who continue to work tirelessly in the hospitals to save lives.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to all those who suffer from the misuse of deadly weapons. May they know the power of peace and forgiveness.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to all those who own firearms and agitate for the protection of their rights. May they be enlightened by the wisdom of Right View.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to those who advocate for the rights of gun owners and users in our political system. May they be enlightened by the wisdom of Right Speech.

I send thoughts of goodwill to all those who work for the reasonable regulation of firearms, their possession and use.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to those who manufacture and market the weapons that are used to kill and maim so many of our countrymen and women. May they be enlightened by the wisdom of Right Livelihood.

I send thoughts of goodwill and compassion to those empowered to legislate on the possession and use of such weapons. May they be enlightened by the wisdom of Right Action.


May we all come to eschew violence in our lives. May we all find the path to true happiness.

No comments: