Thursday, July 29, 2010

Today...


... is the first day in what seems like three months when we wake up to a cloudless sky in Laguna Beach. The marine layer of cloud and fog has been more than usually intense this year, and the clear sky is welcome. Ellie, particularly, who was brought up in Southern California, is a dedicated heliophile. She wilts under the clouds. As for me, having been brought up in England... well, it feels a bit like home to me. Still, you can't beat this...


... or this...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom has been telling me about the persistent fog, even in the hill where she is. Glad to see it has finally lifted. It hasn't gotten to be much of a summer yet in southern Cal. Hope you get a nice, warm slice of it. Fall is always beautiful at the coast.

Vyvyan said...

I've heard that it's been unseasonably cool out west this spring/summer. I have a friend in Portland who was still running her wood stove last month! Here in western NC we have had more than 45 days of over 90 deg. this year and it's not yet August. Please take some of our heat and humidity - we're rotten with it! I'm glad George is doing well!