Thursday, February 25, 2016

IT'S BACK...

... the cluster headache. (I post this for fellow cluster sufferers). After a three-day remission, I had allowed myself to believe that the current series had come to an end. Then it hit again at 2:30 this morning. Woke me up with a jolt. But it seemed manageable. Not too much pain, and it lasted only a few minutes. Phew! Big relief! Then a HUGE jolt hit at 5AM, quite unexpected. Unprecedented, even, coming so soon after the last. Like an aftershock that's ten times greater than the original tremor. Pain at 10 or 11 on the scale of 1 to 10. For the first time, I tried one of the Sumatriptan tablets I've been prescribed. Wished it down. Sat down to meditate--no point in lying down and trying to sleep: that makes it worse. Watched the miracle occur, as the cluster succumbed gradually to the medication. Within 15 minutes, the headache was gone. Only downside: I was left feeling creepy all over. I guess that's what meds do...

No comments: